"Goodnight, Dear Void"

The title for this blog is inspired by something Meg Ryan says in You've Got Mail:
Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, valuable, but small. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So goodnight, dear void.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Marriage is...taking too long to get here.

I was just looking at pictures of my adorable newborn niece, Ivy, and saw the link to my blog on my sister's site. Well, it has been a long time since I posted anything, so I decided to do so.  I think the title of previous recent blog is rather entertaining, seeing as I am soon to be married.  I have moved on from Bones, and am now watching My Little Pony with my fiance.  I have moved on from school as well, and am working as a receptionist.  Life is good, and it is entirely due to my amazing fiance.


We have a rather ridiculous amount in common, and while not all of it is the best things to share, like depression, it does make it even easier to understand each other, and that understanding is invaluable.  He is what gets me through most of my days, since work is quite stressful (an understatement).  I am able to leave work, go to his place, and with just a big hug and a few sentences set my day back on track.  My birthday was yesterday, and once again the pressures at work left me in tears.  I arrived at his apartment to find a candle-lit dinner on the table.  I tried to pull it together, and, well, being me, didn't succeed.  He asked me what was wrong, listened to me complain, and basically reminded me that other people don't determine my worth.  Being a pleaser, I will probably need to be reminded of this daily...


It's amazing how much things have changed since my sister got married.  I have a free wedding website, and ordered my announcements through email.  We can order flowers and decorations online...as well as anything else we can think of.  I worked at Kohl's for a few months, and I only ever saw two or three people registering in the store; only a handful of the staff even knew how to do it.  We wanted to register in the store - you get to play with the scanning gun, after all - but after complications with the equipment, decided that online really is quite convenient.  Everything is so...digital these days.  I remember when my sister got married, and we went to a photographer's studio to see samples of their pictures.  These days, many wedding photographers don't even have studios.  They just have websites.


We only have a little over a month left, but that, of course, seems too long.  I am tired of being a fiance.  I want to be a wife!


We are measuring time by milestones.  My birthday, Thanksgiving, SW:TOR early access...Yes we are very excited for the release of a new computer game.  Star Wars: The Old Republic.  For those who don't know what this is...it takes place thousands of years before any of the movies, and is about a war between the Sith Empire and the Old Republic.  You can choose to play one of four classes from either side, choose your species, make choices for either dark side or light side...basically, it's fabulous.  We played a bit a few weeks ago in one beta weekend, and get to play again this weekend.  Then only a few weeks and it's officially released! :)  Yeah...we're excited.  Thanksgiving is our next milestone, but we are more excited for the beta, and then the early access, then release...Christmas is even kind of an afterthought.  Then, we get married.  Which is what we are both the most excited about.  Or so Isaac assures me.


Ok, so that was all a little scattered, but if know me, you know that that is how my mind works.  I didn't say a whole lot about our courtship or anything, because that's all on our website.  So check it out: alyssaandisaac.ourwedding.com

No comments:

Post a Comment