"Goodnight, Dear Void"

The title for this blog is inspired by something Meg Ryan says in You've Got Mail:
Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, valuable, but small. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So goodnight, dear void.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Marriage is...having someone who will slap your enemies and then toss their dead bodies out of airplanes.

Quick Thought...or two:

I've been watching a lot of Bones recently.  I find it quite cathartic.  I relate to Brennen in a way.  She's very smart, and very different from everyone around her, which is what makes her successful in her job, but also creates a distance between her and most of the people around her.  Obviously, she's both smarter and more socially awkward than me, but it seems like she's less isolated than I sometimes feel.  She has the rest of her team, that while all different, have strong ties to each other.  They frequently prove that they are willing to risk anything for each other.  I'll never be a part of a team solving crimes, and I never expect to be a part of a group of people that would HAVE to risk their lives for each other, but I still envy that bond.  If people as totally backward as Brennen or Zack (I'm still watching season 2) can have that...why can't I?  

I also love that Bones and Booth are so different, have such huge differences in their beliefs and outlooks on life, and yet respect each other...everyone should treat each other that way.  Who cares if we see the world differently?  We still live in it together!

FYI - the title is a quote from the episode "the Spaceman in a Crater"...out of context it is particularly funny, I think.  In case you're curious, it's actually Bones' last line in the episode.

4 comments:

  1. I'm really impressed that the title of your blog was inspired by a quote from a Meg Ryan movie.
    You've made my day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great parallels! Yes, you are not nearly as socially awkward even if it feels like it sometimes ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even heard of that show. I must live in a cave - or with too many children and not a single channel. But I liked your ideas all the same and the quote is fantastic out of context!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that will be my new guide for dating guys. They have to be willing to slap and toss. Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete